Thursday 16 December 2010

Two stories that I would like to share with you.

I read this story some where; maybe many of you are familiar with this story already.

There was this new 500 bill that was made. Initially when it was new and beautiful everyone was amazed at it and admired it which made the bill happy about itself and quite proud. Then time went on and on and it got older and was no more special which started hurting the pride of the bill. One day it dropped of the pocket of its owner and laid in the snow, people stamped on it and it got wet and muddy. It started feeling it is of no worth anymore. But suddenly one day it got a bit bright and a little kid lifted it up and was very happy to see a 500 bill in his hand, afterall its such a big amount for a kid and the bill itself was amazed how valuable it can be to someone.

The moral of the story is no matter whoever stamps on you or puts you down, no matter how you feel bad and down at times, the real value of your stays the same no matter what.
=====================================================
Once a boy from a village was packing up to move to the city for his new job he was about to start. His father was talking to him.

Father: Son, the most important virtue that a man can possess is patience. If you have it, you will be very successful in life.

Son: Yes dad, I will be very patient in my life.

Father: There are many things that will test you in life, patience is one thing that will get you through these tests.

Son: Yes dad, I agree with you.

Father: Never underestimate the importance of patience, you will not achieve much without it.

Son: Dad, I know that and I have patience.

Father: I have seen too many talented people waste their lives because they didn’t have patience when they were young, I don’t want that to happen to you.

Son: (teeth grinding) No dad, it won’t happen with me as I do have patience.

Father: Great men, if they could advise you something will surely tell you patience is one of the most important qualities in life that one must have.

Son: (shouting) Dad, now stop it. How many times do I have to tell you that I have patience? Now let me do my work or else I will miss the bus to the city.

Father: Son, I just tried to reinforce the importance of patience in 5 different ways and yet you lost your patience, imagine how difficult it will be when you are truly tested with it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, nice one bhaiyya!
The one about patience is enlightening.

Munazza